Vermont Law School, Juris Doctor and Master of Science in Environmental Law, 1999.
Centre College, Bachelor of Science, Biology, 1994.
Since 2005, Jason Bentley has worked as an attorney and registered lobbyist for MML&K
Government Solutions, where he maintains an energy and regulatory practice. He previously served as majority counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Energy & Commerce, where he worked for three successive Chairmen. While on the Committee, Jason was responsible for developing significant provisions in the Barton-Domenici Energy Policy Act of 2005. Jason returned to his native Kentucky, first as General Counsel and Policy Advisor to the Kentucky Public Service Commission, and then as Executive Director of the Kentucky Office of Energy Policy. He has served as the Governor’s alternate on the Southern States Energy Board and chaired the annual SSEB meeting at the 2005 conference of the Southern Governors’ Association. Jason graduated from Centre College in 1994 and the Vermont Law School in 1999, where he earned dual
degrees in law and environmental law. In 1998, Jason was a visiting scholar with the Development Law Service of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Rome, Italy, and previously served as Kentucky’s Single Point of Contact (SPOC) to the U.S. Trade Representative.
- 23 VT. L. REV. 431 , October 16, 1998
- Energy Bar Association, Member
- Vermont Law Review, Member
- U.S. Trade Representative, Kentucky Point of Contact, 2006 - Present
- Kentucky Office of Energy Policy, Frankfort, KY, Executive Director, 2005
- Kentucky Public Service Commission, Frankfort, KY, General Counsel/Policy Advisor, 2004 - 2005
- US House of Representatives, Committee on Energy and Commerce, Washington, D.C., Majority Counsel, 1999 - 2004
- United States Department of Justice, Environment & Natural Resources Division, Washington, D.C., Law Clerk, 1999
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, Rome, Italy, Visiting Scholar, 1998
- KY Single Point of Contact to U.S. Trade Representative, 2005 - 2010